binaural microphone question

Ive created a binaural microphone using 2 microphones placed on either side of a styrofoam ball (painted black and sealed, it's a really nice setup) but I cant finish it yet because I am unsure of how to connect the two microphone wires together to create the binaural effect when recording. Is there an adapter I can buy that would take 2 seperate mic inputs and blend them into one? Thanks for the assistance :)
platinumsupremef779
I'm not real sure about this, but if you talk to the guys at Best Buy or Circuit City computer service counter (or maybe one of the guitar/pro sound shops), they probably can recommend a new sound card for your computer that has multiple mic inputs.

I do know they make battery powered inline preamps, but I can't say if that would be more cost-effective than a new sound card.
This sound card is awesome though, so I would prefer to not need a new one. I'll just have to look around for a nice cheap stereo preamp I guess :) As I dont always plan to be sitting at my PC when im recording sounds :)
There was a great article in TapeOp magazine several issues ago that dealt with building a binaural "head mic". They used a manequin head for that model to try and keep some of the natural facial features in for sonic influence. If you don't have a proper mic pre, what is it you are plugging into? ($50 for a mic pre is amazingly cheap--the ones in my studio run between $1000 and 3500 (just sayin'). Circuit City and Best Buy are NOT places to ask about anything to do with microphones, this much I can wholehartedly assure you (I say this both as a studio engineer and a former Worst Buy employee).

What is the purpose of your binaural mics? Are you using omnidirectional mics? The first poster is correct--you will need two seperate tracks and you will need am audio mixer to "mix down" the two monaural tracks to a stereo bus. Depending on what sort of mics you are using, a consumer level audio card may not be appropriate in terms of operating voltage, gain, or busing.