What should be the terms between buyer and seller

I am contemplating buying from a member who has posted no threads and has 6 positive transactions (three of which look to be cable and one a pre amp) He will accept only personal check or money order. This deal would be for speakers over 6K. I have only one feedback as a buyer. What should be the terms to protect both parties?
I can do pay pal or credit card or whatever. Two packages at 200 lbs each, I think rules out UPS. Please help. I am new at this.
128x128gammajo
Tell him the only way you will make the purchase if he sends them to you COD Cash on delivery). FedEx or UPS will do CODs for an extra $6.00.
Also you should talk to the seller on the phone, that's a great way for both of you to guage your comfort level with one another. You can often get a sense if a seller/buyer feels right. Good luck!
Completely agree about getting to know the other party. It also can be enjoyable. I was selling a pair of Kimber IC's to a guy a couple states away. He wanted me to call him (to see what kind of seller I was, I guess), which I did. We ended up talking about blues music for a half hour or so. He turned me on to "Mighty Sam McClain", who I now love.

Finally, follow your gut. If you are comfortable with the seller, great. (IMPORTANT - Make sure you discuss packing properly!!!!!)If there are some doubt's, don't second guess and walk away. There will be other speaker deals coming along.

Oh, don't forget, you only have one feedback as a buyer, so I am assuming the seller has concerns as well.

Good luck,
never use money orders, etc. no matter what the feedback. its better to pay the paypal fee. when someone does not have an account there is usually a soap opera and you don't want to be a castmember
Post removed