What should be the terms between buyer and seller

I am contemplating buying from a member who has posted no threads and has 6 positive transactions (three of which look to be cable and one a pre amp) He will accept only personal check or money order. This deal would be for speakers over 6K. I have only one feedback as a buyer. What should be the terms to protect both parties?
I can do pay pal or credit card or whatever. Two packages at 200 lbs each, I think rules out UPS. Please help. I am new at this.
128x128gammajo
First you need to search the archives to get a few ideas on this. On the home page, go to "Discussion Forums", and then type in a target word in the blank space below "Search archives".

Words like shipping, seller, buyer & transaction come to mind.

I'm sure this is covered, however, both of you need to exchange phone #'s & addresses & talk about what exactly is expected. Some points to cover include who will handle a problem if shipping damage occurs, reimbursement, etc. Agree to something specific & communicate this, as most situations that become problems could have been avoided by clear & precise communication.

BTW, I only accept checks/MO. I've had a few people refuse to do biz w/me because of that but they simply lost out on a great deal.

Good luck w/your transaction.
If you use a Postal Money Order, and there is fraud involved it would get the feds into the mix, if that's any comfort.