Why China Isnt Happening Yet

I have found it interesting to read about Chinese tube amps for a fraction of the price of US, how China is taking over the world etc.

A colleague of mine in the trading and investment business is actually thinking that the prosperity of the US is over forever, Medicaid/Medicare and our pension system are bankrupt, interest rates are going up, the housing market is going to collapse and one day Americans will figure out that there is more than one currency in the world.

At that point, the US will experience flight capital for the first time, and then we are really in big trouble.

Now some of this worries me, but I thought is was interesting that of the 6 or so, bargain priced, obviously knocked off in China, toys that were given to my baby boy for Christmas....

NONE of them worked properly?!?!

The robot? He wouldnt wind up, didnt walk, and sparks failed to fly from his mask.

The magic sliding coin tray? Also didnt work, and was so cheesily made that the mechanism was obvious.

Radio controlled car? Had a range of about 10 feet -- no fun at all.

Now none of this excuses the problems we may have here in America, but FYI I am less likely to buy a tube amp from China in the New Year.

Cheers.

cwlondon
cwlondon
Actually the present "representation" in D.C. right now is the best commercial for buying foreign goods there is. I lauugh every time somebody tells me to buy an American car when half of the circuitry and parts are imported anyway. The only thing better than that was that idiotic campaign that SUV's aid terrorism. Gee it seems that the CIA and secret service cornered the market on Chevy Suburbans. As for the Hansen comment I'd rather support the slow death of a Chinese worker than the quick one of an American in Iraq.
Post removed 
Generalization is a dangerous thing. Are there no exploited workers in America? Are all the workers in America treated fairly? There's no pollution in America? You're deluding yourself! The Chinese workers who built my amp (Jungson) are not exploited by multi-nationals; Jungson is a Chinese company. Hell, I don't even know for a fact that they are exploited; the piece is a technological marvel built like a brick sh^&*thouse that cost me less than 50% of the retail price of the 15 year old Audiolab 8000A that I replaced it with and sounds a ton better!

I'm in Ontario and have no problems with the English language. Too much government? Not enough government? What I expect from my government (and yours) is some common sense and intelligence. Frankly, I don't see it on either side of the border. And blaming the Chinese for our problems isn't going to stop that.
Post removed 
Yes! The Chinese workers are being exploited by foreign companies/corporations. Basically slavery imo. They could never get by with treating human beings in such a manner at home in their country of origin.

Yes and many of these foreign companies and corporations are American. So are you suggesting the Chinese government arrest these American owners and managers and punish them for their crimes? Of course the American public will be furious and claim that the Chinese government is entirely unreasonable blah blah blah.

The Shanling factory looks pretty good to me:

http://www.shanling.com/electronic_e.html

When a company treats its employees well and they're all happy, we often hear about it because they're "rare". Go to various audio manufacturers site. Some really seem to have a "team" spirit, while others are really a one man show.