Corner treatment -- PZCs a sure thing?

I'm looking for a set of room upper corner treatments for my living room. The upper corners probably are the only places in that space where I can use audio-specific treatments. The triangular pillow-type traps seem like a pretty sure thing; it sounds like only good can come from reducing the amount of energy being megaphoned out of those corners. I'm not so sure about the tunable pressure-zone controller devices (Michael Green). Are they as versatile and sure to be helpful as the pillow traps? Can anyone describe the comparative effects of these two approaches in their room and system?
jayboard
You didn't ecxactly copy the Michael Green corners as you actually do want the material to reflect. The front reflects and the back absorbs.
Correct, Herman.

You have to know your room, system, tastes, etc. In my room, I was bothered by peakiness in the upper mids/lower treble due to reflection/reinforcement of these frequencies that was manifesting itself as a harshness/brightness that no component could really get past. I needed absorption. Therefore, no reflective material.

However, not so hard to insert a reflective (polyethylene sheet) in one side of the room treatments. While I didn't go to the trouble of a zipper to finish things off, I left about a few inches open on the top flat ends of all of my units to be able to stuff, adjust stuffing, add a reflective piece, etc.

A/B comparisons between commercial products and the DIY showed the homemade jobs to be far superior. As you said, I didn't exactly copy the Michael Green units - in actuality, thanks to folks like Jon Risch and others, I ended up with something far superior. All at a fraction of the cost.
The Green Corner tunes were designed to absorb or to reflect ..they are easily reversible to achieve either benefit. The reflective surface out seemed to fill in phase disparities caused by the ceiling walls junction making for a fuller stage with more impactfull mid-bass. Softer side out worked best with ceilings that were less than 8 feet to tame high frequency splash though dependent on listner position. My personal experience has been to try to redirect and focus acoustic energy at the primary listeners area with the near elimination of 90 degree angles. A more dramatic and permanent application of Greens reflective corner surface facing into the room. As Trelja experienced the lambs wool is the more linear material to use to tame some reflective surfaces. Tom