Pure Music or Amarra with iMac

Getting a music server system set up and bought a iMac especially for the purpose. This feeds via USB /I2S into my own DAC for best sound quality.

For playback what do you guys suggest Amarra or PureMusic, and how do you access your library remotely from an iPad or iPhone. I have gotten my toes wet with PS Audio PWD / eLyric and I think that the remote interface works extremely well with PS Audio but have had some trouble with it otherwise.

Also im about to start ripping my substantial CD collection 3 - 4K of them any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks in advance

Peter
128x128pbnaudio
Well figured that one out - surfing the internet on the subject read that the most left USB port on the iMac was not suited for audio devices ? strange indeed plugged into slot 3 of the 4 available, the drive is plugged into slot 2 and I have a connection - what gives ? Steve N maybe you can shed a little light on this

Thanks

Peter
Hello Steve

Can you offer any advise on making the Tenor TE7022L USB receiver work with a brand new iMac, so far I've had no luck with it. My WAY old PC with windows 98 (don't laugh) and my laptop with Windows XP connects fine but any Mac in the house, all 6 of them, will not connect to the USB, any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Peter
Peter - Many computers have different USB ports on them. Some are USB2.0 compliant and others are not. Some are full-speed capable and others are not. Try another USB port. Also, make sure that the port is not disabled due to excess power use on the cable. Disconnect USB cable, reboot and try again.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Thanks Steve, I actually figured it out, but I'm on the heavy moderation list so my posts come in reverse.

Thanks again for the advise, greatly appreciated

Peter
I own both Pure Music and Audivrana + and have demoed Amarra. My preference is Audivrana.

Macs dynamically select USB ports so sometimes you have to fiddle around to ensure connection to one of the high speed USB ports.

I recommend using XLD to rip your library into iTunes.