Assistance for PC challenged

Hello all. Trying to set up a computer based audio system. So far I have my trusty lenovo T60 PC. I have a pc linkII, and a northstar DAC. I have downloaded foobar, ASIO, and SRC, and EAC. I am trying to figure out how to get foobar to recognize asio in the output device (it won't find it even thought it is there).

I am a complete newbie to pc audio (other than my ipod) and was hoping to replace my cd player with a pc based system. Getting this set up and getting the various software components properly configured is proving to be quite a challenge! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
scotty_910
you need to be looking in the control panel in windows. Then in sound devices to set it up for what you need. You will need to disable the internal sound if it has one. Then select the audio device you want to use for audio. Make sure you have the correct drivers etc.

Have you looked in the sound devices section in control panels?
remove the Soundmax by setting it to disable in the tab in audio devices. Then choose from the list of audio devices the one you want the computer to use all the time. If the one you want is not there in the list then you will need to install northstar soundcard/dac .

On boot up you may need to disable the soundmax soundcard in the bios too. Its a pain in the butt, but if you dont, the computer may keep asking you about its Soundmax settings every time you switch on the computer and you will have to click ok everytime. Very dull...