Music Server now bane of my existence

After years of waiting and rendering the landscape of servers as too complex, confusing and basically useless for my purposes, I've delved into the world of a Mojo Audio music server. The Biggest Dog they sell. Now, I've determined I'm technically in over my head and run out of invectives.

I need a "Music Server for Dummies" lexicon and flow chart. Yes, I will contact them this week also.

To my surprise, there is no drive with the new Mini Mac. So I need that. And how will I burn discs for friends? And do I just use the USB out from the server to my USB DAC for optimal playback? Which USB? Or should it be a USB conversion to coaxial? I researched and purchased a 3TB Western Digital hard drive for dedicated backup. Will that suffice for this?

I purchased the Apple wireless keyboard and outboard trac-pad to navigate.

I'm at a crossroads as to continue with predictable brain damage assembling all of the parts or return this and wait again for this industry to collectively simplify the process. I've gone with the MAC so I can easily interface with my iPod pieces. Thank you to all for insight into this gnarly subject.
celtic66
I don't disagree that setting up a music server optimally does take some tweaking and it helps if you are already familiar with how they work.

Mach2Music has a blog with sections on optimizing the OS for music playback.

FWIW, getting a Mini to play music isn't difficult. But you can tweak the system to get more out.
No noise - +1. Well said.

Computer audio is certainly the future but it isn't quite the present.
Some of you remind of Schultz from "Hogan's Heroes" -- "I know nothing!" And you're so proud of it too.
Nonoise,
That was very well stated and certainly a number of others share your perspective. At this point there`re still too many glitches,gremlims,failures and lack of standardization.This genre is a work in progress and lacking reliability,consistency and ease of set up and function. Its day will evenually come but it is not here presently.
Regards,