how to run a 230 volt line from my panel??

I am getting a piece of equipment from europe that is set for 230v- I called the manufacturer and they said it can not be rewired to 110 I should simply run a 230 line= i already have 12 gauge wire ran to the stereo room- Is it just a matter of getting a 20 amp 230v breaker for my elec. panel-
Can i use the outlets I have now and a USA type power cord or what do I need to do?- thanks
fluffers
thanks guys- Ye sthis is a separate line just for this unit- there will be nothing else plugged into it as it will be inmy stereo closet- Just want to be sure on the hook up- If I get the 20 amp breaker and wire it to a 20 amp switch- can I just use the power cord I have now and cut off the end and just get a 20amp connector and am good to go??
It's unlikely that your new unit, will have an IEC connector(inlet on chassis) that matches the one on your present power cord(http://www.internationalconfig.com/icc5.asp?productgroup=%27IEC%2060309%20%28309%29%20Wiring%20Devices%20and%20Cord%20Sets%27). If it does; you can use(NEC notwithstanding) what ever plug you choose(IF the cord is rated for 20A). Wait until you receive the component and better know what your are dealing with.
Just for perspective, every house has two separate 120 lines coming in. Combining them yields your 240. 240 appliances require two 'hot' leads, hence 240 volts.
BTW: the site I listed shows the configurations of IEC plugs, 125V(C-14) vs 230/250V(C-20). Note that the contacts of your expected 230V component's connector(chassis end) will be(most likely) horizontal, the ones on your 125V cord are vertical. Of course; you can change the IEC outlet, on your chassis or the IEC female, on your cord(http://www.vhaudio.com/connectors-ac.html#OyaideIEC).
First off... Is this a house, townhouse or condo? Seen the latter 2 with 208V, sort of 2/3 phase.

Second... What kind of equipment? Turntable, CDP, preamp or amp? If it's low power consumption, a step-up transformer (Topaz, Phoenix ...) might be easiest, cheapest and safest solution. Sometimes not the quietest. As far as I've seen, only a few turnatables are sensitive going from 50 to 60 Hz.