Anyone ever think about building a dedicated room?

It looks like sometime in the future, when my girlfriend and I get married, that I'll be moving in to her place. She's currently living in a guest apartment in a house with plenty of space in the back yard. I've been toying with the idea of having a 15' x 25' (dimensions can be smaller) "shed" out back. I figured I could have it built with super thick walls and lots of insulation so that I could just use a space heater in the winter, and in the summer I guess I could open the doors and blow in some fresh air. All I would need would be some good electrical outlets and I'd be good, right? Have any of you thought about doing something similar and if so, what obstacles would I have? I don't even know if something like this would be worth it.
128x128b_limo
We're all thinking about it if we don't already have one but are you serious? Please tell us how old you are! I'm 21 again.

Buc, you're very kind.
Man caves...especially a pure audiophile type...will put any marriage to the test. The more fanatical you are to the cave - the more struggle you will have with the relationship. Heed the advice; it's true. You may want to wait awhile, as per above recommendations before she catches any scent of audiophilemania...it's a serious disease.. From experience: I built a dedicated room from scratch in a detached garage. MUCHO time building...rigging...tweaking...and finally: listening...the key word here being TIME. You probably can't spare it early on. Good luck later though, you'll have much better odds. P.S. It IS well worth the final results though...no "ordinary" "Live - In - Room" can compete with a dedicated one.
Not even married yet and looking for a self haven to retreat to? Bad vibes all around.
Lol, uh thanks, I think. I knew I could count on you guys for your wisdom. I think I'll be packing up my rig for safe keeping and buying a back up system that I don't really care if, and when, it gets knocked over or peed on by a completely loved and unruly cat, I.e. tucker the non-audiophile cat. Hmmm, maybe it's time to start looking at headphones....
B_limo, are you crazy, headphones? These send a worse message then a 'man cave'. The music is mine and mine alone. Best you 'educate' your special lady with good music, available to all, cats included. Once she buys into that, it will take no time before she will become a collaborator and an enabler in your audio insanity. If she does not, an very expensive divorce will be avoided. Put her to the ultimate test, a visit to a high end audio shop. That way she will have been exposed to what her future with you will lead too. I dare you.