New op amps, good idea?

I have recently acquired an old crossover which was highly rated in its day (early 1990's). I know technology has improved dramatically since then in many regards but assuming I want to keep and potentially improve this particular one rather than buy a newer version of it (not available), is it worth sending it to a trusted local electronics shop who specializes in such things and asking him to upgrade the op amps with newer/faster/better...? I realize I am not helping its resale and will probably hurt it but if that's not a big concern... I've been told it was a great unit in its day but that it may be considered less transparent than today's similar offerings...
My technician assured me it was not going to be a lot of money (perhaps $100-$200 or so ) and that he was quite confident he could make a noticeable improvement in its performance...If I decide to let him take it what should I be knowledgeable about in order to speak with him intelligently about the work?? Would there be any other mods he could do "while he's at it" that would be reasonably cost effective and sonically helpful as well? Any input would be appreciated as my technical knowledge in all this is limited.... Thanks in advance for any and all opinions. Regards,
lissnr
Crossover? How about a DAC? You have to give a model for us to have a clue?
I assume it is the Apogee DAX in your system photos. Seeing as from what I have read the crossover is at about 330 hz, I'd say there is a good chance of it being improved upon. That is if your technician knows how to do it properly. All op amps are not created equal. I do not know what it has in there. As for other things, power supplies have always been one of the most important parts of audio equipment. Anything that can be done there will be beneficial. Further more, as usual, any capacitors that have signal through them might ought to be looked at.

You may be better off buying a new one that is better all around... Bryston maybe.
Oops,I may be wrong in that the crossover is possibly at 70 hz.

Another option, and maybe the best would be to eliminate the crossover for the Diva, instead using a capacitor only on the input of the amp on the highs. The slope may be different than what is there, but should sound better if done properly. My 2 cents.

Something like an older ARC tube crossover works that way- you could try one of those, as they are relatively inexpensive.