Buzzing from speakers. Where is it coming from?

I can hear buzzing from the speakers's tweeter when I put my ears up to it. Can't hear it from the listening positon. Speakers are Vienna Acoustics connected to a Mcintosh MC402 amp via a Pionner reciever as a pre/pro. The Mcintosh is directly plugged into a wall outlet. The Pioneer is plugged into a Monster power conditioner. I have tried just turning on the Mcintosh with no signal and it still has a buzz. Then tried plugging it into the line conditioner and still buzzing. Lastly, I tried connecting the speaker to the Pioneer and still has buzzing but slightly quieter. The buzzing occures with all speakers. The Mcintosh powers the fronts. The Pioneers powers the center and rears. Any suggetions?
Thanks
vuongd
Post removed 
Thanks Elizabeth. I only noticed it yesterday when getting close to the speakers to change out a disc. Makes me feel better now.
When you were changing a disc? How close were you to the speakers when you noticed the sound? Is it a hiss or a buzz? Is it equal level in each channel?
If it's a hiss only heard an inch or two from the tweeter then I would agree with Elizabeth. If it's a buzz then you might start checking tubes (the MC402 is a tube amp, right?).
Tim, it's more of a buzz and it can only be heard when my ears are right up to the tweeter. It's equal on both channels. The amp is a SS not tube.