HELP I think I have an electrical issue??

A few months ago I had 2 20amp dedicated lines with hospital grade duplex's installed. All was well with my Bel Canto Ref1000 mono's. Well a few days ago I just got a pair of Genesis m60 tube amps. I was noticing a clicking noise coming through my speakers. I first noticed this when I was just warming up the amps with no source on. Then I also noticed the clicking when a source was on with music playing.

So it turns out that the clicking noise is my electric ignition of my gas furnace, is somehow playing through my speakers (Or maybe its just one of them, not exactly sure yet) This is a very strange and annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Tim
tmesselt
Up here, we don't require the gas line to be bonded unless it's underground. In the States, NEC (250) and Fuel Gas regs are a little confusing and ridiculous, but it certainly doesn't hurt to do so. The gas line can't be used AS the ground. Neither should the water line.

"Joe the boiler guy" probably knows more about the control wiring than an electrician. Can't be wired backwards, depends on a rectified signal to prove pilot.

Jea48: It's more likely that the thousands of volts in the spark are polluting the AC, dedicated line or not, than creating RFI.
Jea48
I know not all hospital outlets are not isolated. Most people here who are installing hospital grade are doing it for the isolated ground and unless wired correctly it will not be or can hurt someone. When an electician or home owner installs it and does not use the correct wire it is a waste of time & money. You must bond grounds.
Jea48,
you stated
If the receptacles are isolated ground recepts you could have left them in.... NEC requires if an isolated ground type receptacle is used with a plastic box the cover plate has to be made of a non conductive material... Plastic, Nylon, wood, ect....

For insolated ground outlets in Mass you can not use 2 conductor with a ground that is connected to other devices it also defeats the purpose. The ground wire must be insolated all the way back to the panal. If the bare ground is used it must be in a metal enclosure. Either purchase three wire no ground or 3 wire with ground and use metal boxes or cut the ground off and tape it.
Tmesselt,
How old is your house and the develepment. Most new house the gas and electrical are plastic not metal. The piping to your house could be plastic also so grounding to them will do nothing. In that case the electrician puts 2 rods in the ground 6 feet from each other for house ground. This has been an issue here in Mass and else where and do not know if it has been resolved. For now we do both just to be safe and pass inspection.

Like i said before it could be your furnace wiring. I myself have found a few wired backwards it still work cause its 115. The motor or most anything 115 volt does not care if you connect the blacjk wire to common and the white wire to hot it will still work it is just not correct. It could also be your ignitor has a loose ground. Have your service company check the wiring to make sure all parts are in phase. It could be just the control transformer output grounded on the wrong side.

Ngjockey.
This is why I am thinking line reactor for my equipment.
I have not read all of the responses, so I may be repeating what has already been said. Many ignition systems use a high voltage gas tube spark gap to insure ignition.It creates noise just like a spark plug would in your car. The noise has always been there but the Bel Canto had built in line filtering that eliminated the noise. You can purchase filters, from Mouser or any other supply house which might do the job for you. They come in different current ratings and must be wired for your need. The one I have in front of me is ten amps, it's a metal box 2"x1.5"x1.5" It has the internal component stamped on the out side of the box, it filters both sides of the 120 volts.If you have any question you can e-mail me. The info on the filter is SRE