HELP I think I have an electrical issue??

A few months ago I had 2 20amp dedicated lines with hospital grade duplex's installed. All was well with my Bel Canto Ref1000 mono's. Well a few days ago I just got a pair of Genesis m60 tube amps. I was noticing a clicking noise coming through my speakers. I first noticed this when I was just warming up the amps with no source on. Then I also noticed the clicking when a source was on with music playing.

So it turns out that the clicking noise is my electric ignition of my gas furnace, is somehow playing through my speakers (Or maybe its just one of them, not exactly sure yet) This is a very strange and annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Tim
tmesselt
If you put the previous amps back in place and the problem is gone I would blame the Genesis amps. Like I said, not necessarily that they are malfunctioning, but that they just don't filter out issues with your AC. Maybe they are just more susceptible to noise on the AC line.
I have had amps that showed quirks where others did not.
BTW, what did you do with the Ref1000s?
Hevac1,
Hospital grade receptacles do not have to be isolated ground type receptacles.

The ever so popular Hubbell HBL 8300H hospital grade duplex receptacle

Hubbell IG8300 hospital grade duplex receptacle.
I think you have an airborne RFI issue as mentioned by a couple of other people. The tube amp may be more susceptible to RFI than the Bel Canto due to the open chassis design of most tube amps.
Well, due to the fact that I was not wiring the isolated ground correctly I switched out my outlets to a standard 20amp outlet and the clicking is still there, but at least it is connected correctly.

As far as the Ref1000s I sold them along with the balanced ICs that went with them to fund the purchase of the Genesis and my new ICs which have not gotten here yet.

As far as my house ground, I just had that installed a few months ago also, he drove a stake in the ground and also grounded to my water main.

So, now I am at a crossroads, the clicking is not all that bad, can this power do harm? Is it possible that this power that is causing this clicking thru my speakers is also causing a degradation in my overall sound quality (even when the furnace is not starting up?) I say this because it is possibly something I can live with for a bit.

On the other hand, I have contacted my electrician who has not gotten back to me yet, but what would I want him to do?

Run a subpanel with just my audio equipment on it with its own dedicated ground??? Would this have to be another stake drove into the ground??

Also I just unplugged my ICs, so all that was hooked up was speaker wire and power to the Genesis amps and the clicking was still there so even though the ICs were a long shot they are no also ruled out.

I really want to thank everyone for their input, it is very nice of you all.

Best Regards,
Tim
03-28-09: Tmesselt
Well, due to the fact that I was not wiring the isolated ground correctly I switched out my outlets to a standard 20amp outlet and the clicking is still there, but at least it is connected correctly
If the receptacles are isolated ground recepts you could have left them in.... NEC requires if an isolated ground type receptacle is used with a plastic box the cover plate has to be made of a non conductive material... Plastic, Nylon, wood, ect....

Run a subpanel with just my audio equipment on it with its own dedicated ground??? Would this have to be another stake drove into the ground??
Dedicated ground? A dedicated earth ground for the sub panel that is not connected to the main grounding electrode system of your home?
Don't do it. And if your friend is a licensed electrician he won't do it.

Also I just unplugged my ICs, so all that was hooked up was speaker wire and power to the Genesis amps and the clicking was still there so even though the ICs were a long shot they are no also ruled out.
Did you install shorting plugs on the inputs of the amps?

Call the people who installed the furnace.

I am no Ham Radio Operator but if one has been following this thread they might chime in. If the ignition module or ignitor is not bonded, grounded, properly to the frame of the furnace a resistance will exist between the ground of the module/ignitor and the grounded furnace chassis. This can amplify the transmitting RFI of the ignitor.. A transmitting antenna.

Ngjockey, am I correct in my thinking?