HELP I think I have an electrical issue??

A few months ago I had 2 20amp dedicated lines with hospital grade duplex's installed. All was well with my Bel Canto Ref1000 mono's. Well a few days ago I just got a pair of Genesis m60 tube amps. I was noticing a clicking noise coming through my speakers. I first noticed this when I was just warming up the amps with no source on. Then I also noticed the clicking when a source was on with music playing.

So it turns out that the clicking noise is my electric ignition of my gas furnace, is somehow playing through my speakers (Or maybe its just one of them, not exactly sure yet) This is a very strange and annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Tim
tmesselt
Tmesselt,
The furnace is still covered under manufacture warranty for parts and labor. Give the furnace company that installed the furnace a call and tell them you are experiencing a problem with the furnace. LOL, no need to mention you didn't have the problem with the other amps. They may have an AC line filter they can install on the furnace. At any rate they will check to make sure the ignition controller and ignitor is making a good ground connection to the metal frame work of the furnace.
hevac1,

I am using hospital grade outlets with romex 12/2 so I obviously did not wire them how you are suggesting to. Do you have to wire all audiophile grade outlets like this, or do you wire them like a standard outlet?

Oh, and I have also put the cheater plug on both amps and the clicking is still there.

I also used a plastic blue box for old work, so I am not able to ground to that.

So if you do not think that cables will make a difference, I will go get some standard outlets to start with and see how that goes.
I'm not familiar with your amps but that is where I suspect the problem lies. Not saying they aren't functioning properly but they may have less RFI noise filtering capability than the Bel Cantos.
timrhu,

So you think that they problem may be my amps, and not something with my electrical wiring in my house?

Or maybe that the issue was there the entire time and the Bel Canto's just filtered it out and I could not hear it?
Tim
03-28-09: Sns
Cables are not going to fix this issue, picking up RFI from the furnace is the longest of long shots, and they didn't do it with the other amp, should tell you something. Ground potential is somehow different with new amps, I don't know why.
Sns, do you have a battery operated radio? If so set the band to AM and tune in a weak radio station. Go to where your furnace is located and have the wife turn up the stat to call for heat. When the ignitor starts bet you will hear it over the radio. Guess what? The radio shares no power or ground with the furnace whats so ever..... Airborne RFI.
I am not saying Tmesselt's problem is caused by airborne RFI, but it is a possibility.

We know one thing for sure at this point.
With the old amps and old ics there was not any problem.
A little hard to blame it on the dedicated branch circuit wiring at this time.

For a test I would like Tmesselt to try the ground cheaters on the amps. If that stops the clicking sound of the ignitor then the problem can be solved at the furnace.