Dedicated Circuit with Two Prong Plug?

I have an old McIntosh MR71 Tuner with a two prong plug. Is it fine for me to plug it into the same conditioner that shares my other components? The conditioner plugs into a dedicated circuit.
kennythekey
Kennythekey: If you are running more than one dedicated line make sure that they are on the same leg in the breaker box, otherwise you may have different ground levels. Don
Look up On oneleg or two legs in Tech talk. You want all your dedicated outlets to be in the same phase. Usually this means the same side of the breaker box. Don
IIRC, the MR71 has a line-to-ground capacitor from each of the AC line, and a high-value resistor (4.7 Meg?) from one side of the AC line to ground as well. I've never understood exactly what the thinking was for the resistor . . . but all of this old stuff generally has higher levels of AC leakage than modern stuff.

But there will definately be less leakage current with the AC cord plugged in a certain direction, even though it's non-polarized. The classic way to determine which way is best is to connect ONLY the power (no interconnects), and (while there are no metal racks, etc. touching the MR71 chassis) measuring from the tuner chassis to the chassis of one of your other (three-prong grounded) components with an AC voltmeter. Try the tuner's AC plug both ways in the socket . . . and the one with the lower reading is preferable.