Can static electricity cause a blown fuse in amp?

I just blew a fuse in my Classe DR 15 by hitting the eject button on my CD player. Blap! I live in a desert climate, and was wearing crocs on my feet. Is it just a fuse, or does that signal a deeper problem? Anybody have that happen?
michaeljbrown
Yes, I think it's likely that the static charge caused the fuse to blow. My preamp is VERY susceptible to static and routinely mutes itself when I touch it or anything attached to it (including the metal frame on my Gallo speakers!). This is highly humidity-dependent. I've tried various "solutions" -- from humidifiers to anti-static tinsel. And the composition of shoe soles definitely makes a difference; leather works best in my case. Good luck, Dave
The static charge is going thru your CD interconnects to the preamp signal inputs which amplify it enough to overload your amp's inputs. Make sure the CD player is properly grounded so the static is drained off right at the CD player.

Same advice if your CD goes directly to your amp.
I've tried grounding anything and everything in the signal path and the preamp STILL mutes when the humidity is low enough and the gods are angry. I can even do this by simply touching a tonearm when playing another source (CD)and, believe me, the arm is well grounded as is the turntable itself.
Some years back I took out the whole display of my cd player with a static charge...