Soldering 101 for Audiophiles

I am replacing the tweeters in my Tympanis with new ribbons which I have just received from Magnepan.

Unscrewing all of the screws, it seems they are connected at the top and the bottom with a soldered connection?

I have a cheapo pencil shaped soldering iron from Radio Shack around the garage but otherwise havent soldered anything since I tried to put together a Hafler amplifier in 1979 and ended up paying someone else to do it.

Can anyone please explain:

* basic soldering technique
* what materials do I need for the best audiophile connnecton? Silver?

Thank you,
cwlondon
There a lot of good sources for hifi oriented soldering basics online which are more elaborate than the fine advice here. Finding them via google is very easy, which is perhaps what Herman had in mind.
Get a nice soldering iron also. Spending $150 on a Weller would be well worth it considering how much easier it is to use than an el-cheapo and the cost of your speakers.

Regards
Paul
My point is simple.

Can anyone please explain:

* basic soldering technique

Millions of words have been written on this and can easily be found on-line. There is nothing "audiophile" about it.
In regards to Cwlondon question,I don't see anything wrong with it.In fact he is always been a gentleman and a polite one in all his posts.Trying to learn something is one of the reasons we all come in here.
I wouldn't mind learning to solder electonics myself.
I've done copper pipes though and I am very good at it.In fact even though I am not a plumber I took fair size plumbing jobs on the side to make an "extra buck"
One thing I found with copper is to MAKE sure to polish all fittings that make contact and wipe clean and flux good all surfaces to be soldered.That alone is 90% of the battle .Indeed is correct to apply heat on the fitting and once hot it will suck the solder in.
Best to all
George