acoustic system resonators

does anyone have any expierence with acoustic resonators?are they worth looking into?
thanks
alpass
>>I did and now I own the resonators.<<

And sell the resonators as well.

Caveat emptor.
+++ A system outfitted with Resonators makes the music come alive in way that the same system without them doesn't. +++

I do not disbelieve you, but a sheet of corrugated iron on a wall will more than likely have similar results. Corrugated iron costs a little bit less though.

If I may ask, have you experimented with items such as diffusers that have a scientifically tested effects on acoustics at all? It just seems somewhat out there to endorse acoustic treatments that have zero scientific backing if you have not bothered to look into treatments that are well tested, proven and documented. (Diffusers also cost significantly less than these resonators)

Again, I don't think they do don't have an effect. I am simply pondering the fact that change is not always for the better, and since you do not have any scientific data as to what exactly they do, I dare say you cannot elude they improve sound.

Regards
Paul
I have tried many resonance tweaks. Some I have liked, some I have liked for a while, and some I have disliked. I have not tried the Resonators but I must say that several friends' whose ears I respect love them. In the case of the Behold suites at both the RMAF and THE Show, the sound was excellent and had the Resonators. At the RMAF I inquired whether I could hear the system without the Resonators to consider their unique benefits. Unfortunately, they were using Resonators not selling them and could not humor me. When I asked at THE Show whether they always used the Resonators, I was told they would not do without them.

I have tried other small resonance devices, such as the Shun Mook Mpingo disks and the Brilliant Pebbles. They both have powerful effects that have to be assessed very carefully. There is no question that placing them wrong can hurt the sound. Small does not mean ineffective or at least this is my experience.

Will I try the Resonators? Only if I can hear a demonstration. They are too expensive to take a winger.
Dear Audiooracle,I am confused by your contention that my 'logic is specious,at best'.If you will carefully re-read my posts,I in no way attacked the validity of the device/object in question.My 2 posts on the subject spoke to, firstly,the questionable fact that one would retain a 'system' that needed a inanimate device to instill in that system some redeeming qualities.Secondly,my subject was your use of the absolute epitome of cliche hyperbole,line after line.It was,pardon me,quite amusing.As to your talents and expertise as a seasoned,professional audio designer,well,I offer respect due you for that. Manuia,(cheers, in the language of my favorite people on the planet,Tahitians).
Placement is key for best results with most resonator devices, at least the one that are intended to reduce standing waves in the room, such as room lens, tube traps, even mpingo discs. Arbitrary placement can lead to, well, non-optimum results. While the ear can often achieve pretty good results, much better results are achieved using test tone and sound pressure level meter, so the precise location of standing waves (high sound pressure zone) can be ID'd. The resonators should be placed where the exceptionally high sound pressures are observed.

For example, a tube trap might actually hurt the sound when placed directly in room corner (as is often suggested); but when placed according to test tone/SPL meter a couple feet from the corner, the sound is much better.

~ Cheers