Who has Caps on their AC lines ???

I have been playing around with caps on my AC line. After today, I don't think that I can live without them. Even with my dedicated AC lines, the one with the caps just has such a more natural sound no matter what AC power cord I place on it.

Unfortunately, I got them from a guy that I no longer speak to so I don't really know the value of the caps. Is there a way to determine the value?

I have been reading about a few members who use Auricaps, etc., and will try what they are using soon. I am also waiting on an isolation transformer to test in my system next.

I'd like to know what you are using to filter your AC lines and what you are hearing.

Thanks and Happy Listening.
bigkidz
Bigkidz:

Go to the Magnan website. There is an example of this tweak that mentions the cap values even brands and sourcing for them.

Have a look and tell us what you think.

BTW Albert really liked your DC joke in another post....

Luis
Auricaps and the like are not AC rated! Be sure you are using 600v dc rated caps and even then they must be protected with a fuse to insure they do not start a fire when they fail. The best way to do this is to simply install them in your individual components, after the power switch and fuse and before the transformer. Thanks!
There is quite a bit of discussion on this on the tweaks board over at audio asylum...start with a search on "auricap". The lack of AC rating is also discussed often. There are AC-rated caps that work well in this application.
I use 2 Auricaps .47 @ 600v in parallel on all my outlets as well (DIY Power Boxes) but I'm in the process of transfering them to inside the components. I also run 3 separate isolation transformers. one on my dac, one on my CDP, + and one on my preamp all on Dedicated lines. I also agree with Sean
do not get a small isolation tranformer, get one 2x3 times the size of the watts rated for the piece of gear pluged into it.

I have heard that some people have put the caps in the isolation transformer as well. Maybe I'll try that but with my other ones will that be to much of a good thing??

Ken