Who has Caps on their AC lines ???

I have been playing around with caps on my AC line. After today, I don't think that I can live without them. Even with my dedicated AC lines, the one with the caps just has such a more natural sound no matter what AC power cord I place on it.

Unfortunately, I got them from a guy that I no longer speak to so I don't really know the value of the caps. Is there a way to determine the value?

I have been reading about a few members who use Auricaps, etc., and will try what they are using soon. I am also waiting on an isolation transformer to test in my system next.

I'd like to know what you are using to filter your AC lines and what you are hearing.

Thanks and Happy Listening.
bigkidz
Albet,

I am interested in getting the info that Joe has. Please see if he can post or email me with the info.

Sean,

I will see what I can find out or let you know if I have to send them to you. I will let youknow what the Iso units are before I do anything.

MattyB,

I use one in a DIY entension cord with an otlet on one end so I can unplug the unit when I want to, making it safer.

Thanks for the replies.

Peter
Why don't you take a picture of the cap, upload it to your virtual system and post a reply here? Maybe someone can read its value for you.
The ones I used were: Auricap .47 uF 600V

You can purchase the from VH Audio (no affiliation, etc.).
I use the Auricaps on all my outlets too, but couldn't tell you the ratings; although it may be on my system information in one of the upgrade notes I made. This is a very effective, inexpensive tweak to clean up noise. I still use an old Tice Powerblock One with Titan reserve power unit which was the orignal isolation transformer marketed and it does lower the noise floor. There are many newer and better models availble but if you can get a Tice cheap they work well.