IEC to a 2 prong-wire amp

I dug through some of the old threads until my eyes were aching (**) but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Has anyone here installed a standard female 3 point IEC into a amp that originally only had a lamp cord style 2 prong, wire? If so is there some place on the inside for the neutral pin?
kt_88
I've done the job several times.

First determine there is sufficient room to clear internal components. The next problem is cutting the chassis for the male IEC.

Supposedly there's a die that will do a perfect punch on the chassis, unfortunately I don't own one. I got it done by tracing the plug outline with a pencil, drilling multiple holes inside the tracing, grinding with a Dremel tool and finishing up with fine swiss metal files.

The male IEC pins are hot, neutral and ground.

The hot and neutral hook up where the old lamp cord went and you can then decide if you want to attach the ground to the chassis.

When I converted my AirTight ATM 3, I left off the ground because it did not have one from the factory. Early Atma-Sphere amps had no ground either but may now.

I assume your doing this for the convenience of detachable power cord and perhaps allow for some cord testing.
I've also done this. The only difference from what Albert said is I bought a nibbler tool from Radio Shack (I think they're about $10). It "nibbles" out chunks of sheet metal - one at a time that are approx 1/16"x 1/4". Since I centered the IEC recepticle over where the old cord was, I didn't have to drill, simply began nibbling from the original hole out. I finished with a hand file (the nibbler leave ragged edges and went to go real slow for the final fit so I didn't cut too much out.

You'll want to be careful that metal cuttings don't get lodged on circuit boards and creaqting a short.

I also left off the ground wire . . . same rationale as Albert's.
Sounds simple enough. I do have lots of power cords that are collecting dust so might as well put one to use. I would like to know if the IEC is coded so one will know which end is which?