Rolling Stone Mag 100 Greatest Guitarists

You probably have seen Rolling Stone Mag has updated their 100 Greatest guitarists list. How can you watch "Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's" and not choose him at #1. Jeff loved Jimi, but there is no longevity to his credentials as was the case with Duane Allman. If you see Jeff live you cannot take your eyes off his fingers and the concert is over before you realize it. Most guitarists would pick him. And where was Les Paul or Stevie Ray Vaughan?
jeff_l
I agree with Audiofeil. Though there are bound to be some worthy contenders, perhaps some that are unfamiliar.
This just out..........
The 100 best "what is the best (enter component of your choice)" list.
IMHO, Jeff Beck is the best at getting weird or funny noises out of his guitar. Why he would want to put in the time to gain that title is beyond me.

I feel the same way about the jazz school of weird and discordant noises, although I do love a broad spectrum of jazz.
Rolling Stone used to be(60's and 70's) a cutting edge magazine and contained incisive reviews of music and interviews with musicians. Now they just pander to the lowest common denominator so their cred with me is very low on any "Best Of" list.