Best surprisingly good value component

Like many of you, I try many components, liking many of them, before settling on one for the final system component (thank God for Audiogon, and buying and selling used gear). Many times I am shocked that the biggest name, and most expensive doesn't sound the best in my system.

I tried many (11) DAC's before settling on the Bryston that I had in my system for a long time. I have had many, many subs, and even more phono stages, both tubed and SS.

So my question is what is the component you have in your system now that is the "best bargain". In other words probably much below the cost of the other components, but you just can't get rid of it because it sounds so good?

For me it's easy: PS Audio GCPH Phono Stage modded by Parts Connexion (sold mostly by Underwood). I bought this as I tried to find the best sub $5k phono stage I could get, and never found one that bettered this to my ear. I don't know that everyone would have this experience, but with my set up, I have yet to find a better phono stage.

I recently went to a higher output cartridge, and tried to go back to the phono stage on my Cary SLP98p F-1 that I have always loved, and found that the Modded PS Audio bests it in all ways by a mile.

Let's hear what your best "bargain" gear is?

I
macdadtexas
My AES AE-3 Line stage for $350 used then modded by a friend who designed the Veloce preamp. He charged me next to nothing to bring it up to the DJH Sig. version. Niether of us heard that much of a difference. It is far and away my favorite preamp.
My $130 Fried A/3s bought almost mint (made in 1986 and sold for $600) sound so amazingly "right" I will never get rid of them.
My Klyne SK-5A preamp, bought from the first owner about 8 years ago and getting on for 26 years old. As a linestage it was head and shoulders above the Copland model I had before it, and which cost nearly twice as much as the Klyne. With phono the Klyne was just colossally better. I may replace it one day but if so I doubt I'll do as well for the same money.

Two other components I won't be getting rid of anytime soon : my Stellavox ST-2 DAC and my IsoClean power bar. The IsoClean astounded me by making the music "fall together"; I hadn't realized that timing had been subtly off and music could make more sense--because of a dang power bar. The Stellavox plays in the big leagues, with a musical intensity I have not heard from components I can normally afford.

Oh heck, my speakers too, but I better stop there or the whole system will wind up in this post. Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rods.
In my case, it's a tie between the Vincent SP-331 Amp I purchased on impulse (which has now replaced a VTL ST-150, which cost three times as much, as the amplifier in my main system) and my Spendor s5e speakers -- which I originally bought partly because I loved their overall sound and partly because they wouldn't be out of place in my listening room (which is relatively small). I've auditioned speakers costing a lot more that don't sound any better -- or even as good.
I doubt many people will have owned and sold 11 DACs and then sold the last one they preferred the most because the wife did not use it.