OT Congratulations NY Yankees

WORLD series ORDER IS RESTORED!
27 and counting.
unsound

Gawdbless

If you look closer... you'll see the Dominican Republic, mexico, Japan, Canada, Puerto Rico, Cuba, and probably a good many more places being represented. Mexico is next on the docket to get a franchise I think.

= = = =

Being a yankee fan is so easy. Everybody’s a fan of the Yankees… cause they win a lot. Even people in places that have an MLB team! Homers they ain’t. Deserters, they are. … IF they’re not supporting the local ball club.

I’ve much more respect for those clubs who DON’T buy championships like the Yankees, perennially, yet contend and win them by lower league management and player cultivation instead.

I'd bet too, if they could, they would however.

Growing up I was always a Big Red Machine fan. Their farm team was in my area and they were too, during the off season, or Grapefruit league play. Thereafter it was the Mets, Dodgers, and in the 90’s, the Braves. Wanna talk frustration… let’s talk Braves baseball. Sorry cub fans, I do feel your pain.

For that matter, any real fan of baseball would be a fan of the senior league… not the juniors. I much prefer a game where EVERYONE puts a bat in his hands. That’s not how the team in my area plays, so I’m by default a junior league rooter. Neither do I go to the games and wear some other clubs colors and root for them. It’s too bad teams like the Yankees & Sox, were relegated to the AL when baseball decided to split up the burgeoning territory. Yeah. Too bad.

If you have a team… even if it just plain sucks… it is your team. Don’t be a traitor and show up only for your fav or perhaps, displaced former squad. Fair weather fans are a dime a hundred. Despite the team, amongst all the rhetoric and casual loyalties, there’s the game itself! A great ball game does not require some former allegiance to one side or another, to be great.

It’s going to be very interesting this year…. Very interesting indeed! The Yankees even with CC… may well come up short in spite of him and Jetter! Funny to say that with 40+ games to go, but the Yankees aren’t the only team which can worry you, or contend outright for the title.

The saddest thing now is the demise of Big George S. George did things both ‘to’ & ‘for’ baseball and his area of residence. Some quite incredible things in fact. Folks should take note of that… where George hung his hat was always on his short list when it came to giving back and being supportive of it. Publicly and anonymously. Mr Steinbrenner devoted himself to each area of his life… his family, his enterprises, and his home town…. Even though that area had another team in place in recent years. On the occasions I had to speak with him, one to one, he never seemed pressed for time, nor anything but interested in me and the topic (s) we discussed. He’s surely going to be missed around here.
I'm a Red Sox fan but I'm also a baseball fan too and the Red Sox thru their payroll have become a version of 'Yankeelite' IMO. The Sox were always a big market team but there was enough disparity with their payroll (as compared to the yankees) where I could root for the home team with only a slight guiltly feeling. Traditionally their payroll was comparable to the Mets, Orioles, and Dodgers. Now with a payroll of $170M+ I find it really difficult to take interest and can't argue against fans that take issue with both the yankees and sox as being bad for the game.