anyone mention tull?

one of the first things i wanted to hear since recently updating the system, meaning replacing everything, was a track of of Minstrel in the Gallery, called Baker Street Muse. after 32 years or so, still moves me.
gilman61255
Did not notice a mention of "This Was". I'm a lifetime Tull fan from junior HS to today (I'm 47). Saw Ian with a little pick up band a couple years back at the Bardovan (oldest opera house in the country, I believe) and was not the same for a few days. Just a great band with an unjustly neglected discography.
I've got the Chrysalis CD remasters of 'Thick as a Brick' and 'Aqualung.' 'TaaB' sounds wonderful, but 'Aqualung' sounds very dull and closed-in in comparison. (Luckily, I've still got them both on vinyl too, including a very sweet MoFi 'TaaB'.)
Davetherave, just to let you know, the title cut [Aqualung] & Hymn 43 were compressed on the master tape. During the AOR [album oriented radio] FM days, many record companies would compress the intended single releases, so that they would sound louder on the s**t car radios of the day.

FYI, I have a Gold DCC copy, and these songs are also horribly compressed.
Thanks for mentioning This Was. When it came out I listened and thought "I've never heard anything like this before". Ian Anderson really did it a bit differently. Anyone see them play on The Rolling Stone's Rock & Roll Circus? They should have played more, they were great. BTW, how about the Dirty Mac on that DVD? Eric Clapton, John Lennon, Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell! Absolutely amazing, until Yoko came out of her bag & ruined the whole thing!
-Brad in Palo Alto