Most expensive Audio disapoinment?

Over the past decade, many different types of technology have come and gone.Some of the components made though quite expensive,they never lived up to consumer satisfaction.I guess I am wondering how many people jump to buy the first of all new technology only to later realize the price always drops after while.Example Pioneer AX10 $5or $7k new, now they are out dated,Door stops.
bshabaz57
Gunbei - lol!!
Have you seen the v.2 Sybian Personal Monoblocks? They just released the version with automatic cartridge replacement for never ending enjoyment! I hear it is easier on the vinyl and lasts longer.
Post removed 
Boy...you sure do have some interesting threads.

not quite sure what purpose they serve though.
Porschecab, I heard the v.2 allowed for unlimited interchangeable cartridge options.

That's just wonderful.

I could care less about my ex-girlfriend's never ending enjoyment!
I liked the Elcasset. thought it would really take off. It didn't. Even after a second try... then it was called a DAT. Well, they looked alike.

Preceeding that foible was the off shore invasion of the "Quadraphonic" receiver and eight track player which played 4ch 8 track tapes. A lovely affair. Just no software. I sold mine as soon as I returned to the States.

But the biggest 'white elephant' was the very first auto reverseing casset deck. Akai made one. I think I bought the only one they made cause I never saw another.

the player would FLIP the entire casset over physically and then start playing again... But you had to put a short piece of 'sensing' tape onto the casset, so the machine would know it was at the end of the tape. Dumb machine.

Dumber me for getting it. It just seemed like a good idea at the time.