Worst Name for A Piece of Equipment

There is a CD player with a good reputation that goes by the name fog. I don't think any audiophile would want a CD player to sound foggy. What other names do you know which are a contradiction in terms or are simply unpleasant sounding.
mechans
I think I saw a Von Gaylord amp at CES last year. It was a tube amp that utilized big transmitting tubes, like a 211. The output tubes were encased in glass or plexiglass that was filled with WATER. You could see the heat causing ripples in the column of water above the tube. It was powering something like Legacy speakers -- the sound of the system was okay, but nothing special.

In short, the name is hardly the weirdest thing about this product.
Von Gaylord used to be Legend. They make tube gear and small speakers that have frequently been big hits at shows. Consistently bad music selections however.

They have a cable called -- I kid you not --Chinchilla. Von Gaylord Chinchilla. You could lose your lunch.
Von Gaylord is the last name of their designer. They changed their name from Legend Audio to Von Gaylord because of another company using close to the same name.
I always thought the name "Wadia" sounded odd, but in my opinion, they make some of the nicest looking products on the market. Sandra
How about "Aural Ersatz?"

Don't you love it? Speakers with this brand name just showed up today (2/3) in the Audiogon classifieds.