Mozart Fans Only

If you love Mozart as I (and Einstein)do, here's a great CD I just picked up. Boston Symphony Chamber Players - Chamber Music for Winds and Strings. A great selection of small-scale works. I highly recommend it for people just testing the waters of classical music. Very good playing and easy to listen to. Hybrid SACD, for those who have hi-rez players, but it will play on all CD players. Enjoy.
More about music - less about gear.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/38651/Boston_Symphony_Chamber_Players-Mozart_Chamber_Music_For_Winds_and_Strings-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD]Mozart SACD
chayro
I would second the recommendation for that disc - some friends of mine are on it, though, I should add as a disclaimer.
The Florestan Trio, Piano Trio recordings on Hyperion are delightful.
There are two separate Mozart packages from the 'Andante' label that I would not want to have to live without. One of them is a set of live radio broadcasts from the Salzburg Festival consisting of string quartets and the clarinet quintet.
The bands are The Juilliard, The Smetana, The Barylli, The Emerson, The Tokyo and The Cleveland. The other set contains live recordings of the Vienna Philharmonic which features M. Polinni playing piano concertos, D. Oistrakh as conductor of concertante and the Jupiter and Lucia Popp conducting the Requiem in D minor.
If you like the violin concertos, my recommendation would be Anne Sophie Mutter and The London Philharmonic on DG.
tpreaves,

the difference between insanity and genious,is that genious has its' limitations.

Einstein
Mozart led a pretty rough life, and only wrote one piece in a minor key. There's a half glass full kind of guy. They also found one of his early draft for a sonata. Turns out, start to finish, there was not one error, edit, Nothing!! That ain't just coming from him.