Do you ration your favorite music?

When I find some new music that is outstandingly good and that is also exceptionally well recorded, I find myself rationioning my listening to it. I try to avoid over playing it to make sure I dont spoil it for myself. I think this might be one of the drivers for the size of my collection. How about you?
mike60
of course not, its the only point of having a decent system, the pleasure of the music. What am I missing here?
No, I think the key(for me) is to keep your music collection somewhat limited. This way every recording has nearly the same value and interest.
Yes, definitely for the albums that I consider masterpieces. I use them as a treat, just like I might a very fine cigar or 20 year old Scotch. I guess I’m trying to make every time like the first time.
" Familiarity can breed contempt " LOL. I'm somewhat the opposite, when I hear some music I like I just can't get enough of it, and go from liking it to loving it.
YES!!! Once per day is my rule. I can make the fun last for months. Sometimes, with truly exceptional works, even years. After awhile the emotional 'high' is gone, even if you enjoy the music, so for me this is really special. I have been able to connect with some Tull albums for years on an almost daily basis. That connection would've expired much more quickly if I'd have played them records over and over again looking for a quick thrill.