Amy Winehouse - Lioness

I must admit that I always dismissed her mostly because of her antics and drug problems, but I after I got this album, I feel quite differently about her. She manages to make even long-standing standards interesting and engaging, and her voice is quite amazing. On some of the songs she sounds strikingly like Ella, and in general exerts an astonishing command of her voice with no effort.

I felt virtually no emotion after her premature demise, aside from the perhaps typical sadness at the news of someone passing so young. However, now I feel we actually lost a great talent that probably never fully bloomed.

If you've been on the fence about Amy Winehouse, get this album; for the low price of under $20 it's a steal. If you're a fan, it's an absolute must.
actusreus
you can only hold her,
my favor song, I am glad i recognized her talent while she was alive, i was able to separate the demons that we all carry at some point and in different ways from the artist.
she was not Ella but she was a memorable voice for years to come, love her music.
To fast to mature with the fame and tabloids.....
RIP AMY.
I heard and interview with Tony Bennett about her shortly after she passed. He said she was about the best jazz singer he'd ever worked with..which is a fairly large statement from TB.