How diverse is your musical taste?

I will listen to absolutely any style of music, from Heavy Metal to Opera to Jazz to Acoustical Folk. If it is good music to me, and is well recorded, it is game. How about you?
mike60
I am like Marakanetz in that I admire originality more than anything. I tend to go through phases whether it be bluegrass, hard rock, reggae, classical,blues, jazz, or the various sub genres. The joy of having a large diverse physical collection is that you occasionally experience serendipity by playing an old piece you hadn't heard in awhile. It is kind of like revisiting on old friend. Last weekend I played "Seven" by the British group James. They never really took off in the U.S., but what a great band. Sometimes, the simple pleasures in life are the most rewarding.
Over the years I find work (songs) in almost every genre that I like. Does not mean that I have music by the artist however. For example I simply love "I Want you to Want Me" by Cheap Trick Live at Budokan, but I have no music by them. It's their only song I like. I'm primarily a Jazz head (Hard Bop, Modal jazz etc). I love Miles, Trane, Monk etc. I like Grooveshark for example, where I can take out samples from many different artists and genres and save them as a playlist; (like the song by Cheap Trick) also Youtube is great for that. But as far as what I buy, it will be Jazz. My 9 year exposes me to Top 40 music that I would never normally hear. For example, I'm crazy about the FLO rida song that's out now "Wild Ones;" That girl featured in the song, Sia, has a smoldering sound that oozes sexuality as much as any woman can do on a song. Sia is undiscovered by many. Then I used to have something by Patsy Cline; then I have something by Pavaratti or music by Yes, and much music by James Brown. So I too am all over the place with my musical taste. If it touches me, the genre does not matter.
just listened to some peruvian flute ensemble and now back to drive=by truckers. all music is great. er???still trying to figure out the residents and sun ra though....
There is almost nothing aside from certain "ethnic" music I won't listen to. The question though is what do I mean by ethnic? I will keep it to myself for now. I should add that I am not a really knowledgable musicologist but always willing to learn.