Princeton Record Exchange

While on my quarterly foray to PRE, I couldn't help but wonder how many people were in there browsing vinyl that they sold to PRE; now that vinyl is "cool" again.

IMHO, the best deals are to be found underneath the racks in the 1.00 bins. Hard as hell to look through them though with the crowded and narrow aisles. The stuff I got out there for a buck is in better condition than things I paid 3.99 - 4.99 for (same items last time were 1.99 -2.99).

It was my 14 YO daughter who wanted to go on this trip. Granted, she bought CD's, but I was really surprised at some of her choices, including The Ramones!
slipknot1
Wow, you guys are hardcore. At least I'll know I'm amongst friends if I go in there and see people with headlamps and roller carts that look like they're ready to throw down at the drop of a hat!

-gh0st
As far as PreX is concerned, if you want to scuba dive into the $1 bins do visit during the less crowded weekdays. On Saturdays there is cigarette and bong breath and plumber's crack afoot.
I've been buying vinyl at PREX since 1986-those were the days for incredible finds and deals. If youre looking for 1 to 4 dollar great buys, go to Vintage Vinyl in Fords NJ, just off of Rt. 1 near the Menlo Park Mall. Great classical rock selection and new stuff as well as cd's. You can also find collectible vinyl there. They also have dvd's and record collector magazines.Some of the older stuff is scratched and scuffed but lots are in near mint condition.--Mrmitch