Cannonball Adderley's "Somethin Else"... Mono?

Been enjoying Cannonball's LP's lately and want to pick this one up. It comes in both Stereo or Mono. Which might be the better choice? Was it offered both ways when new? Which is the "real" version? I have a few Mono's from this era that sound awesome. Sonny Rollin's "Saxaphone Collosus" comes to mind. It really lit up the room last night. Explosive, dynamic, real, drum kit and horns in the room. Absolute analog Magic! I don't mind missing the imaging thing if the Mono is more exciting. Anyone have experience with these Lp's? Thanks in advance for any input
hifiharv
I bought the LP right after it came out. It belongs in the Jazz hall of fame. Sorry I can't help you in regard to mono or stereo.
While I can't speak to the specific albums you reference, I have become enough of a mono fan to have a separate tonearm and dedicated cartridge for my growing collection of mono jazz. One of the biggest upgrades to my system was the addition of a dedicated mono cartridge. When playing a pre-1970 mono LP, my (much more expensive) Dynavector XV1-S can't compete with the Miyajima Mono cartridge I'm using now.

I own original mono and stereo versions of a few albums and I find myself usually (often strongly) the mono versions. I now purposely seek out mono Impulse and Columbia "6 eyes". In fact my mono version of "Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins" (Impulse A-26) is among the best sounding LPs I have ever heard. Best of all, you can often pick up the mono version of a record for less than the stereo LP.
Hifiharv, What a coincidence, I have been enjoying Cannonball Adderley's "Somethin Else" too. I could listen to "Autumn Leaves" over and over.

My version is in separated sound which I like.
I think "Somethin Else" is right up there with "Kind of Blue".
I think personally for me, although I own an 'audiophile' reprint 180 g pressing in Stereo, I wish I had bought the mono now instead.. stereo in those days sometimes was a gimmicky one instrument on one side, drums all on the other side, and I don't care for that presentation., like some of the Beatles pieces.. would rather have the mono version instead.
My solution was to get the LP in mono and the CD in stereo. The LP sounds a bunch better but the CD has an extra track and lets you experience the gawdawful stereo mix :-)