heard Melody Gardot?

Holy smoke. One of the DJs at Portland's Jazz station KMHD ranks her album "My One And Only Thrill" as one of the best for 2009. Just listened to some cuts on Amazon, and I'm blown away.
stewie
I really like this album as well, but not as much as I like Shelby Lynne's "Just a Little Lovin" from last year.
have both of her albums--actually posted about her last year but agree with Macdadtexas the Shelby Lynn cd just a little lovin --cover of dusty springfield - is just outstanding and very well recorded ---one of my favorites.
I just caught her live show about one month ago. I saw her live twice so far and she is absolutely incredible. If you live in the Philly area you have a good chance to see her as she plays here a lot. Those of you who are not amazed by her really need to check out her live set. Completely different arrangements. So talented. I love her communication with the audience between songs. Great story teller. Oh yeah, and she's a bombshell!! Sexy!
I really want to see her now. It's sad, I skip all the rock concerts now, even if I like the group because of the hassle involved, but I will go a long way to see Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Jane Monheit,..... Dudes, I'm old.

I have been waitin years for Tierney Sutton to play Houston, I guess she doesn't like hot weather.
Got her two albums this afternoon, and can't say enough about them. Who knows what makes a certain quality in a voice appealing, but to me she's got it--the same thing that Eva Cassiday has. What I especially like is the fact that she makes it sound easy: no vocal gymnastics, and no apparent striving after "effects," if you know what I mean.