It Might Get Load - documentary

Last night at the local arts theatre I saw "It Might Get Load". Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White in a documentary together on the electric guitar from the point of view of these three significant rock music artists, directed by Davis Guggenheim and found it most enjoyable. I will not spoil the experience by giving a complete play by play, if you need that, go to the web for trailers.

Just to make a comment about something tangential to the point of this tread for a moment and I promise only a moment. I find it strange and somewhat condescending that here in the U.S. a review or trailer to a movie tends to completely give it away (the plot). Why not tantalize and offer a mystery and establish some desire and anticipation to experience more? So few things are a mystery these days.

We'll having said that, I won't let the cat out of the bag or anything yet, sufficed to say, it is what it sounds like and I'll just highly recommend it.

Happy Listening
128x128r_f_sayles
I thought it was called "I Might Get Laid".

Oh, no...different movie again.

Marty

PS Having read quite abit of positive commentary, I'm looking forward to seeing this film.
I enjoyed it - even my 9 year old enjoyed it. Interesting and new approach to documentary/filmed event. Edge admits to goofing around and playing almost nothing at all but his massive wall of effects units is responsible for much of his sound. As a guitar player I loved seeing the history of various guitars that have been important to these 3 guys. Afterwards my kid got inspired and we made a little youtube video called "this kid might get loud" - he thinks he's famous now.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4pUvdQ-fEM
good catch Riley804, Opps!"It Might Get LoUd"... and it did in a very nice way.

Gdoodle, awesome! It makes me want to be nine years old all over again. Being somewhat more than nine at this point though gave me the chance to see Led Zeppelin during the Houses of the Holy tour for a six dollar and fifty cent ticket. That wouldn't even cover the "convenience" fee from ticket b*st*rds today.