CD Repair?

I've seen several companies advertising CD repair by polishing out scratches. Here's a couple of examples: www.wefixcds.com & www.auraltech.com.

Has anyone had any CDs repaired? Successful? Worth the cost? Thanks!
128x128rja
I have polished damaged CDs with jewelers polishing compounds of several types and high speed spinning buffs. On a CD that has seen a lot of abuse, it will remove 90% of the scratches, but the really deep gouges will resist being removed completely. I have also found that even though some CDs that look bad will play well, seemingly insignifcant scratches near the table of contents can render an otherwise good cd useless, and sometimes polishing won't fix it.
Agree with Roxy54, Get some polishing compound very fine and a buffing wheel you can attach to a drill, Fine cotton only. Avaialable at HD and Lowes etc. Go slow at first on some discs that you can practice on. Keep the wheel moving and do not let it sit in one spot too long or it will burn the disc. (Try not to let heat build up). I have also had good results with Crest and Colgate toothpast. Very mild abrasive action. No cavities:)
I have bought used CD's at stores that specialize in it. They
all looked brand new.I asked the employee's about it,and they
responded I don't know.The jewel boxes looked bad.My guess is
they sure are doing something to them.I've seen CD scratch removing devices selling in magazines $20-40 or so,but know nothing about them.If the CD is that bad,it might be something to try?Here's a link to what I've seen.link >>[http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1835760,00.asp]
I've seen the machines advertised.
The 2 companies I mentioned in my original post (and I'm sure there are others) actually repair the CDs. You send them your scratched CDs, they repair and return them.
Anyone ever used such a service?