Music server

I need advice on the best products out there to transition to music server. I've seen a little bit of the Kaleidescape mini system. What else is out there that can give me uncompress, lossless, high quality audio playback.
Help!
pthai
The easiest way if you own an iPod (which most people seem to) and then have iTunes, is to buy and AppleTV and run the best lossless files you can through a good DAC. Very little conversion or changes necessary if you already have iTunes. The only downside is that the only digital output is Toslink, but that has not been a limiting factor for me. A good DAC makes all the difference, and AppleTV really couldn't be easier.
If you search for QSonix in these threads, you'll find my comments on this server.

Good Luck

Marty

BTW, the dealer who sold me my QSonix, Evolution AV in Agoura Hills, Ca is closing out a small qty of refurb Kaleidescape systems at a very steep (app 75% off list, IIRC) discount. You might give them a call.
I'm confused why one would need Apple TV. What does it do that you can't do with just a usb dac? Just wireless streaming?