Overshadowed by bandmates

I was listening to "Real Time" a live CD by Richard LLoyd, the "other" guitarist to Tom Verlaine in Television. It occurred to me that, while I like Verlaine's style, I ultimately prefer Lloyd's playing. I just didn't really appreciate it till he left the band and crawled out from Verlaine's shadow. This got me thinking. Until he left to start World Party, Karl Wallinger was obscured by Mike Scott while they were bandmates in The Waterboys. Now, I'll take Wallinger over Scott.

Some would say George Harrison suffered this fate, too. I think he was overshadowed by Lennon/Macca for many fans until "All Things Must Pass" and "Bangladesh". Any others come to mind?
martykl
Richie Furay- Buffalo Springfield
Chris Hillman- Byrds
Mike Pinder- Moody Blues
Jim Capaldi- Traffic
Ian Paice- Deep Purple
Bernie Leadon- Eagles
Jorma Kaukonen- Jefferson Airplane
John Entwhistle- Who
Keith Richards and Ronnie Woods. Kieth is probably the most prolific guitar lick writer of all time but when it comes to actually playing the licks, it's Ronnie who delivers the goods.

Duanne Allman and Dickey Bettes and then Greg Allman. OK, OK, Duanne is the man and I understand that but once Duane was gone it became quite obvious that Dickey is an insanely good guitarist and then proceeded to write some of the greatest rock songs ever written.

Mick Taylor (gtr, Stones) is SO overshadowed that folks don't seem to even remember he was a key force in the Stones best period 69-74. Includes Exile on Main St, Goat Head Soup, Its only RnR and my all time fave stones album Sticky Fingers. The song Sway is all Mick T - no Keith even on that tune.
Always thought Christie McVie never had a chance with you know who, plus she was better lookin' too.
Gdoodle got it right! Ditto on Mick Taylor; superior to Richards and Wood's sloppy licks! Stones were best with Taylor.