Farewell Rick Wright of Pink Floyd

Rick passed today. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7617363.stm
128x128jdlepera

Funny, I had tickets to see Yes this past summer and the tour was cancelled because of Jon Anderson's breathing problems. I am 51, and it's occurred to me that my rock heroes are going to start leaving us pretty soon, and I wondered how it would feel. Now I know... like a punch to the gut. I've seen Pink Floyd several times, and was fortunate to see Rick playing with David Gilmour at Radio City a year or two ago. I certainly didn't know the man, but I feel like I do.

A simple, beautiful, distinctive style on the piano and a keyboard pioneer in his own (W)right. Thank you, Rick... wish you were here.
He left a fine musical legacy and seemed like a nice gentleman from what I could see.....he will be missed!
Wright's vocal and keyboard performance in the Floyd classic "Echoes" is one of my all time favorites.

Offer him a tribute and enjoy a treat for yourself...see him in his prime on the DVD "Live In Pompeii"!
Rick Wright will be missed. His musical style along with Dave's guitar, roger's volcals, and Nicks drumming made Pink Floyd THE best band in the world in my opinion.