Any fans of Jordi Savall? What is there on vinyl?

In particular, I am looking for the late 16th-17th century English consort music such as Tye, Jenkins, Gibbons, Lawes, Locke, and Byrd ON VINYL. I have precious few records of this stuff. I especially like Jordi Savall. Any sugestions?
chashmal
Thanks Rushton. I am going to follow up on all of this on vinyl. I have so much of this material and way more on CD, which is easy to find. But LP's of great performaces of this rather obscure area are tough. It is good to know someone else is into it.

My ultimate find would be: Jordi Savall doing Orlando Gibbons consort music ON LP! My CD copy is great, but....well, you guys know how it is with analogue!
Hi Chashmal, then watch for

Orlando Gibbons: Fantaisies royales
Jordi Savall / Christophe Coin / Sergi Casademunt /
Rec.: 01/1979
Astrée AS 43 [LP]
Hi - I have had quite a lot of Savall on vinyl, and frankly I think the Astree lp's are overrated. I have kept very few Astree of any artist. The Savall that I enjoy most is the Hesperion XX on EMI, but also his albums on Telefunken in the "Musique Francaise - Pieces de viole" series (which are actually German issues of the Astree recordings). I keep very few Telefunkens also, but I've found the Savall series to be very good - and I have NO idea why I prefer them to the Astree, but I do. There's something about the Astree sound that bothers me - maybe some kind of phase issue, not sure - but they bother me.

Four Telefunkens I spot on the shelf here are:
Pieces de viole - Louis de Caix D,Hervelois 1708 & 1731
Pieces de viole - Le Sieur de Machy 1685 (solo viola da gamba!)
Pieces de viole - Marin Marais Vol. 1
Pieces de viole - Marin Marais Vol. 2

These definitely catch a bid, but are more reasonable than the Astree or EMI's. Also, I've found the Hesperion XX EMI issues to be quite nice in CD format, and I'm not at all a fan of digital - but I don't wouldn't feel compelled to hunt down the vinyl if I alerady had the EMI CD's.

A Savall discography can be found here - a very good website if you're into Early music: http://www.medieval.org/emfaq/performers/savall.html

Now..... If you like the Savall sound, and want to get into even earlier music, I'd VERY highly recommend ALL of the Studio der Fruhen Musik led by Thomas Binkley on the EMI Reflexe label. It's absolutely divine. Binkley is also scholar and a great player, but he also clearly has a spiritual connection to early music that defies description. You'll hear it though. Binkley is a genius of interpretive subtlety. The EMI Reflexe lp's are consistently GREAT sonically. They do not go for huge $$$, as they are under the radar of Asian collectors (for now).

WARNING - There are also a number of Studio der Fruhen Musik on Telefunken, but they are much more Hit or Miss (and mostly Miss) sonically.

Enjoy.
Hi - I have had quite a lot of Savall on vinyl, and frankly I think the Astree lp's are overrated. I have kept very few Astree of any artist. The Savall that I enjoy most is the Hesperion XX on EMI, but also his albums on Telefunken in the "Musique Francaise - Pieces de viole" series (which are actually German issues of the Astree recordings). I keep very few Telefunkens also, but I've found the Savall series to be very good - and I have NO idea why I prefer them to the Astree, but I do. There's something about the Astree sound that bothers me - maybe some kind of phase issue, not sure - but they bother me.

Four Telefunkens I spot on the shelf here are:
Pieces de viole - Louis de Caix D,Hervelois 1708 & 1731
Pieces de viole - Le Sieur de Machy 1685 (solo viola da gamba!)
Pieces de viole - Marin Marais Vol. 1
Pieces de viole - Marin Marais Vol. 2

These definitely catch a bid, but are more reasonable than the Astree or EMI's. Also, I've found the Hesperion XX EMI issues to be quite nice in CD format, and I'm not at all a fan of digital - but I wouldn't feel compelled to hunt down the vinyl if I already had the EMI CD's.

A Savall discography can be found here - a very good website if you're into Early music: http://www.medieval.org/emfaq/performers/savall.html

Now..... If you like the Savall sound, and want to get into even earlier music, I'd VERY highly recommend ALL of the Studio der Fruhen Musik led by Thomas Binkley on the EMI Reflexe label. It's absolutely divine. Binkley is scholar and a great player, but he also clearly has a spiritual connection to early music that defies description. You'll hear it though. Binkley is a genius of interpretive subtlety. The EMI Reflexe lp's are consistently GREAT sonically. They do not go for huge $$$, as they are under the radar of Asian collectors (for now).

WARNING - There are also a number of Studio der Fruhen Musik on Telefunken, but they are much more Hit or Miss (and mostly Miss) sonically.

Enjoy.
Oops - that's weird - my original draft and final edited version both appeared. Never had that happen before...