Springsteen's "Magic" on vinyl, opinions?

After hearing Bruce's new one, Magic, I'm in the camp of listeners who thinks this is a great return to classic form. But the compressed, squashed production is awful! I can't imagine what Brendan O'Brien was thinking when he mixed this sonic sludge. Is the vinyl any better sounding than the cd version?
photon46
I own both. The cd id horrible, I threw it away. Haven'y gotten to the vinyl yet, sorry to hear its not much of an improvement.
I am a huge Springsteen fan, but for the life of me can't understand why his records sound so terrible. He obviously has money for production and control over his music at this point in his career. I have purchased a couple of his "newer" LP's and don't listen to them because the sound is so bad.

OTOH, it's funny how Nebraska is so enjoyable for me to listen to..... I love old country blues music too, and it has that kind of spooky Robert Johnson in a hotel room/field rocording thing going..... A "low-fi" before low-fi was cool vibe if you will.

CHris
I am glad that I'm not the only one reacting to the bad sound quality of the Magic cd. That said, I need to own it, right?
I think the Seeger Sessions record sounds quite good, don't you? Haven't heard Magic. Agree with Cmo about Nebraska--love that record and the sound is appropriate for the material.