dissapointing audiophile recording

Just curious what is your most dissapointing audiophile recording that you have heard, and not from a sonic stand point but a musical one.
Mine is at the moment a Kenny Rankin chesky cd recording " because of you" that I picked up at a Goodwill for a buck. I find it vocally and its musical presentation very milk toast and bland at best,almost like listening to bad Kenny G not that I believe there is any good Kenny G.
schipo
Readers Digest "light classical recordings I would not say that these are bad recordings , first they were not made for the attention of being audiophile recordings at all. Most were made to give many people just the taste of the classics and depending on your taste go out and take a larger bite. Many were conducted by Arthur Fiedler who I consider an exceptional showman and musician. But many of the new musicians that are paned off as new talent is just well like Antonio Salieri said in Amadeus "mediocrity everywhere"
The only one I have is a Chesky Audiophile Gold cd "New York Reunion." It's well recorded but seems somehow lacking in emotional involvement. I had high hopes for it before purchase. At least it cost little or nothing.
Spent a bundle on Chesky SACD of Christy Baron at the Montreal audio show. Good sound: uninvolving signing. I feel cheated out of my hard-earned cash. C'est la vie!
Anyone remember those late 70's direct-to-disc japanese recordings of 10 minutes of drum solo?
Had one, played it once, that was that, don't remember what happened to it.
Hi Schipo, Allright lets agree on Montovani and change the Readers Digest "festival of light classical music" to Longines Symphonette Society wonderful recording to the "Family library of beautiful listening". I hate to offend anyone so Kenny G is now audiophile approved!

Seriously, dont recordings have to have to meet a certain criteria? You can not have it both ways Schipo, you started the thread with Kenny G sucks but then go on to defend a lousy recording, pressing and music. Well which is it? I am sure that there are people who love KG just as much as you like light classical recordings, perhaps KG is their stepping stone to Ornette Coleman.
Bob