What? No Norah Jones New CD Thread?

Well, how is it?
mattybumpkin
OK, I picked it up today for the $9.99 introductory price. So now I'm qualified to answer the original poster. The question was "How is it". The answer is "boring". Sounds very much like the previous two. Actually, I think it sounds like a combination of the previous two.

It's not bad, just "the same". There are about 3 cuts that I would enjoy if they were part of a compliation or came up in a random/suffle along with other stuff I enjoy. But for me, it's way too much of the same thing.

Enjoy,

TIC
Keep listening. Some of my most favorite albums I thought were boring on first listen.

(No promises - you may always find it boring. Just that I find that sometimes albums that I have come to love started out sounding the same, cut after cut, until I really got to know them.)
Art
She's wasting her voice on these lullabyes. This girl has got an excellent blues vocal - sort of Eva Cassidy meets Bonnie Raitt with a splash of Janis.

I recommend 'Peter Malick Group featuring Norah Jones - New York City'. One listen to this CD, specifically the cut "All of Your Love" and you'll get the picture. Totally different Norah - I likee.
Well why, if Eva Cassidy, Bonnie Raitt and Janis Joplin are to be considered "excellent" blues vocalists, then not Norah Jones too? Uh, thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with the real -- meaning black, just in case there was any doubt -- blues singers, and ya'll can have your skinny-voice, no-soul havin' white chicks...