Overlooked R & R gems from the past

I recently listened to some 70's albums in my collection and came across "Automatic Man", "Metro" and "Hummingbird",
which still sound good to my ears in terms of composition,
production and musicianship. They are documented in allmusic.com, yet never received the publicity I feel they deserved at the time of release. (The first Automatic Man album had Michael Shrieve from Santana; Hummingbird was actually Jeff Beck's group with Bernard Purdie on drums).

This made me wonder how many other worthy recordings there are that somehow got overlooked initially, but have stood the test of time. I'm interested in hearing if any of you have favorites which deserved publicity, but somehow fell through the cracks, and on to the bargain bins.
musicbuff
CHRISTOPHER MILK-Some People Will Drink Anything.....CATHIE CHAMBERLAIN-Rag and Roll.......HENRY GROSS-Plug Me into Something.....ANDY PRATT-Resolution....DAVID WERNER-Imagination Quota.......hundreds more...the best 70's stuff never saw the light of day on most am or fm radio....lots never made it to cd
Coming on the heels of two albums jam packed with FM fodder was Panorama by The Cars. This was more edgy and did not sell and was in the cut out bin by year end. It is my favorite Cars album more punk than the previous two and they went back to formula rock on Shake It Up and Heart Beat City.
Another one is Echo by Tom Petty. This is a great album but never sold and wound up in the cut out bin by year end. Very retrospective a kinda of taking stock on life after the fire and the divorce expose.
Here are a few bands/artists that flew under the radar and IMO deserve a listen:

Paris (Bob Welch's gig after Fleetwood Mac)
Be Bop Deluxe
City Boy
Klatuu
Steve Hillage
Crabby Appleton