Discovering New Music.....

In attempts to discover new artists/music, I typically surf Amazon.com by typing in one of my favorite artists in the search function and seeing what music other buyers have purchased as well.

Everyone has different musical tastes so I figured I'd list some of my favorite cd's. If you like any of my selections on my top ten list, I'd like to know some of your favorite cds/artists as well. There's nothing like learning about new music from others who have similar tastes in music.

Here's my list:

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily
Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat & The Well
Billy Bragg - Workers Playtime
Sarah Mclaughlin - Surfacing
Jason Mraz- Mr A to Z
KD Lang - Hymns from the 49th Parallel
Linda Ronstadt - Cry Like a Rainstorm, Howl Like the Wind
David Grey - Life in Slow Motion
Carly Simon - Coming Around Again
Sarah Brightman - Dive
calgarian5355
I also discover a few by going to the Concord website ,they have a huge catalog,picking out a list then listening to samples on Amazon ,
To everyone that replied...THANK YOU!
FYI, I already own a few of the suggested cd's:
Tori Amos, Annie Lennox, Lorenna McKennit, Emmylou Harris, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, and the Cowboy Junkies.

There were many suggested cd's that I will certainly seek out as well. I'm heading off to the record store this afternoon!

Thanks for the Pandora website recommendation as well! WOW! is all I can say! Amazing site! I'm hooked!

Raytheprinter, what is the concord site? I've never heard of it before.

Again, thanks everyone!
calgarian
I forgot to mention a truly wonderful cd: Jane Siberry, "When I Was A Boy." The last song on Kd lang's cd is from the JS cd. You won't regret this one.
Also, for some experimentation you could try cdbaby.com.
If you don't know Cowboy Junkies, definitely worth a spin, as Qdrone says. I might start with Caution Horses, but lots of nice stuff, like Miles from Our Home (but note the music runs to a fairly homogenous sound, across discs).

Other female vocals:

Kasey Chambers, "Barricades and Brick Walls," "Wayward Angel"

Stacey Earle, "Simple Gearle" (Yes, Steve's sister, I think)

Gillian Welch, "Time"

Wailin Jennys, "40 Days."

Robinella, "& CC String Band"

Lucinda Williams, "Carwheels on a Gravel Road" (!) (!)

All the above alt.country-ish.

A lovely jazz voice now starting to be heard nationally belongs to Erin Bode (erinbode.com), as on "Don't Take Your Time"

jmd
Hello Calgarian,Concord Music Group,Concord Records,Record label,huge catalog,great music,visit the site.I will have to check out Pandora!