How Long Has This Been Goin' On - what artists?

I'm talking about the rock song from recent decades. I heard this the other night on the radio and don't remember what band recorded this. I got too many hits on allmusic and didn't come away with a match.

Thanks,

Dan
dan_ed
I can't imagine it as a rock song. It was done by Karrin Allyson on her In Blue cd. She is a jazz singer, though. It was written by George and Ira Gerhwin... at least her version.
John Dean
Thanks, Drubin. You nailed it. John, I'm not sure if this is the Gershwin tune or not, but the Ace recording is the one I'm after. I was very impressed with the depth of the sound, even coming through the FM radio. I'll have to look them up and see what other hits they had. If this is the only good one I'll probably just score the CD.

Thanks again!
Oh, yes. Definitely not a Gershwin! But I think the title is just "How Long".
Yes it is a Gershwin song, a jazz classic performed by many including my favorite, Duke Ellington.
You will also find this song if the CD is still in print.....on Paul Carrack ''The Paul Carrack Collection'' as he wrote the song. He was in the band ACE who did that song, followed by a band called Squeeze and then Mike and the Mechanics.....try BMG or Amazon