Power Cables diminishing returns

I'm thinking of upgrading my PCs, but am wondering what the sweat spot is as far as price. The price point after which, you see diminishing returns. for example a $1000 is certainly not twice as good as a $500 cable.
linaeum66
That's funny Pops !

I once heard the Navy Admiral in charge of all Naval Aviation explain why he preferred to recruit engineers as Naval Pilots.
He said that, as a rule ,they were both intelligent and without enough imagination to see themselves smashing into the rear of the flight deck during night landings.
Schubert---Bravo!! Well said above. The trick is always to discern when to invoke physics, when to recognize that physics is not quite up to the task of explaining, and when to recognize that one has entered the domain of metaphysics. You are not far from the kingdom of wisdom.
wow. Interesting, impassioned and highly personal response to a simple stimuli. Seems like over reaction. Double blind testing in a controlled setting is a reasonable way to discern whether actual differences can be heard. And... as Schipo points out... well the data is in and here is what it says... even professional audio reviewers could not distinguish between power cords.

That is not to say that people cannot enjoy one cord over another in their system --- people who enjoy tweeks and derive pleasure from modifying and experimenting with their system may like one PC better than another in their system. And, if so, good for them and it is money well spent. That does not, however, change the fact that trained audio professionals whose living it is to review audio systems could not distinguish between PCs based upon sound alone.
Schubert,
I love the spirit and substance of your post above, although in light of what you expressed here, I must say that you were a bit harsh in your exchange with Mapman yesterday in the thread about Ohm Micro Talls, calling them a rip-off. It seems at odds with the view you expressed here. In other words, "value" is in the ears of the listener rather than the perceived material value of the speaker. Still, I really liked your eloquent comments here.