Wildly fluttering woofer

Without any kind of warning the left woofer of my Thiel 7.2 speaker started fluttering-the excursion was at least two inches. Won't happen with a CD. Tried another record and the same thing happened again. I have not switched speaker cables.
System: VPI Mark IV turntable with Graham Phantom arm and Dynavector XX2 cartridge, McCormack DNA 500 amp, Audible Illusions Modulus 3B pre-amp, Thiel 7.2 speakers, all wires are Audience. HELP!
katz1
The big thing around here is Rook Coffee Roasters
http://www.rookcoffeeroasters.com/

There's one not too far from my house. Not at all fancy, it operates out of a converted garage. No tables or chairs, it's take out only. Unbelievably popular, never enough parking and the lines are out the door. Patrons are of all types, students, yuppies, executives, professionals and construction workers.

I don't get it myself, but my daughter thinks it's the bee's knees. These places are rolling in cash.

Me...I'm happy with a cup of Maxwell House, a crossword puzzle and my turntable.

Good luck!
Thanks for the Rook information. We might send them a sample of our Speciatly organic Guatamalan beans. Every lead is an opportunity worrh exploring.
Meanwhile no word when my 3B or the SDS from VPI will arrive. I can listen thru the Yamaha C 60 but the air and holographic sense are missing.
Regards, katz1
When you get your equipment back, you'll appreciate it all the more.
If you need someone to proof read your website, I can ask my daughter, she's very good. She majored in English (which most people think is a worthless major unless you're going to become a teacher) but knows the rules (every language has it's rules) and works for an event planning company. She impressed her boss during the interview when she corrected a document and explained why. I'm always asking her things like "what's the difference between "paid" and "payed" or when to use a semi-colon. She's having a hip surgery next month and will be idled for 6 weeks. If she's like me, she'll be looking for things to do.

You said I was lucky, but you didn't get the full story.
A year before I had my accident I had two levels of my cervical spine fused. There were three options I could choose from.
1.Steel cage inserted between each vertebrae
2.Bone spacer from cadaver
3.Bone spacer from my hip
Very often, the also screw a plate across the fused vertebrae to keep things in place while the bones fuse together.
Since the first method was fairly new, I had my reservations, I opted for the third method because it's been tried and true for more than fifty years and I didn't mind a little extra discomfort.
I told the surgeon "no screws or metal in my neck please. Who knows, maybe I'll have a car accident in 20 years and my neck breaks wrong because there was metal in it".
During my convalescence I read about a woman who used the first method (cage) and suffered the same crush injury as mine. Unfortunately for her, the cage collapsed under pressure and she required further surgery.
Another bullet dodged.
I was out of work for a month and went crazy. When I broke my neck a year later and found out I'd be out 4 months, I rolled over in the hospital bed and thought to myself "I barely made it one month, how am I going to do four?"
I wouldn't call myself an atheist, but I would say that I don't have the capacity to understand a god if there is one. I use the analogy "Is the line on a piece of paper aware that I put it there?" I just don't think it's possible for us to know why or what purpose we serve in the grand scheme. When people ask me what I think the purpose of life is, I tell them it's to have fun. Simply enjoy the gift while you can.
I was very lucky that night. My son had a funny feeling and came looking for me. He found me within 154 minutes of my fall. I could barely crawl so he helped me into the house and called my brother for a ride to the ER. If he hadn't found me, I probably would have died right there during the night. At the hospital no one suspected my neck was broken, and luckily my head wasn't tipped back when they intubated me for the craniotomy. Everything that needed to go right did, and anything that could have gone wrong didn't. I was extremely lucky and realized it immediately. I could have easily been a quadriplegic, worse than death to me.
After my accident, I have enjoyed every day off as if it were my last. That's how fast things can happen. In my line of work (pharmacist) I meet a lot of people. Some get a lucky break, some things just go wrong for others. Those that catch the lucky break are in "The almost dead club".
I can't complain, I have no right to.

Keep getting better! It ain't so bad, you just adapt and find other things to do.
Rich, I would like to be able to continue this dialogue off site. You could try [email protected]. Hope to hear from you.
More to discover