Gruv Glide - Do you use it?

Hello AGONers,

I was just wondering if any of you use gruv glide or any similar product. I decided to purchase some on a whim and gave it a try on a few LPs. I used it on a few pressings that were used that I bought in the local record store. Even though I cleaned these with a spin clean and a KAB EV-1, they were still a bit noisy. I applied the gruv glide and it did reduce the background noise and static significantly. It seems to do a good job. I just worry about it leaving residue on my LPs and my stylus, which I know it does.

What do you guys think about this product and the pros and cons of it?

Thanks
Andy Price
andyprice44
Doug you are right...tons of good music on cd that is not on vinyl, I just have not personally invested in digItal in a very long time so actually I miss a lot! My digital is so nice sounding but so inferior to my vinyl rig that I never listen to it.

I am primarily a rocker so finding VGA+++ 70's stuff (my era) is indeed tough! Cheers!
I had a grado statement that was not running right. Brought it to my dealer, first thing he said was "I hope you don't use groove glide" and I did, it turned out it gunked up the cartridge so bad it was almost unusable.
He cleaned it all out real good then I had to go home and re clean all my records to get it off them. Took a good 2 years after I started using it to happen but it did. But all in all it really helped older records sound better,
And gave my $1 record pile new life
looks like the consensus is that it does help those of us that have some records from the bargain bin. I wont use it on mint condition, clean records. It does help quite a bit on VG grade vinyl
Sounds like Petro went a little too far with the Gruv glide....AND it helps to use a stylus CLEANER with this product...I experience excellent results using the award winning Gruv glide product.I treat my records only after wet washing them first then apply a light coat of Gruv glide then I never touch my record again because it is dust free and clean,I actually extend the life of my Nagaoka stylus.Go Figure...It works!